If you are registered with the Tramble Centre for Accessible Learning, please send an email advising your instructor of this fact within one week of the start of the course. This email should be copied to the Tramble Centre for Accessible Learning (@email) and to the applicable department:
- StFX Online Learning & Professional Studies (e.g., undergraduate, non-credit, university preparation) students should copy the email to StFX Online (@email).
- Distance Nursing students should copy the email to Distance Nursing Programs (email@example.com).
The Tramble Centre, in turn, will send a list of testing accommodations you are eligible to receive for your exams and quizzes to StFX Online Learning & Professional Studies (formerly Continuing & Distance Education). You do not need to do anything further.
Please note that you are not required to share specific details related to your accommodations with your instructor, only that you are registered with the Tramble Centre.
If you do not provide sufficient notice that you are registered with the Tramble Centre for Accessible Learning, you may not get the extra time or other accommodations you need.
If you require accommodations but have not yet registered with the Tramble Centre for Accessible Learning, please contact them right away at @email. Once you are registered with them, see the Accommodations section above for additional steps you must take to ensure you get the accommodations you need.
If you have a question about any aspect of the course, the first thing you should do after reviewing the Course Information section on Moodle is to check the course Q&A Forum. If you are unable to find the answer, you should post your question on this forum. For more information, please see the Communication section of your Syllabus.
If you need general help pertaining to your enrollment in your course, including assistance with registration, withdrawal, prorated refund (if eligible), and proctoring arrangements, please contact StFX Online (@email), or Distance Nursing Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are a nursing student.
The Academic Success Centre provides advice, tutorials, and resources that can improve your academic writing, time management, and other skills.
Please refer to the section of the Academic Calendar that pertains to your program of study to find out the minimum grade you must achieve in your course to successfully complete it, as well as the academic penalties you will incur if you do not.
The online exams in your course may require a proctor.*
For online proctored assessments, you must arrange a proctor through ProctorU, an online proctoring service with which StFX Online Learning & Professional Studies (StFX Online) has an agreement, unless you are registered with the Tramble Centre and you intend to write your exam(s) in person at the centre.
* If you are registered with the Tramble Centre and you intend to write your exam(s) in person at the centre, please schedule your exam(s) through the Clockwork Portal.
You are responsible for contacting ProctorU, scheduling your upcoming proctored exam(s) and covering all associated costs, and ensuring your computer meets all technical requirements. (Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the technical requirements and check that your computer is not on the list of devices that are "Not Supported".) See the Proctoring section of your course Moodle page for more information.
ProctorU provides you with the convenience of writing your exam within any room where you can be alone and undisturbed, as long as the room has reliable internet with adequate speed (e.g., your home office). Fees for using ProctorU are reasonable and can be paid using debit or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express). Note that the amount displayed on your screen and charged to your debit or credit card is in US dollars.
Scheduling your exam with ProctorU:
- To maximize your chances of being able to write your exam at your preferred time, StFX Online recommends you schedule your appointment at least 3 weeks prior to exam day.
- ProctorU fees will increase if you (re)schedule your exam less than 72 hours beforehand and will further increase if you (re)schedule your exam less than 24 hours beforehand.
- If you miss your scheduled exam time, you will not be issued a refund by ProctorU, and will have to pay again to schedule your exam.
- If you miss the exam window entirely without prior approval, you will receive a grade of zero. For more information, click on the applicable link:
Conditions for using ProctorU:
- You must ensure that you meet the technical requirements for writing an online exam with ProctorU by successfully completing the Online Equipment Test. Information on the Online Equipment Test is provided in the Proctoring section on Moodle.
- You must be in agreement with the Terms and Conditions for using ProctorU. These Terms and Conditions are posted in the Proctoring section on Moodle. ProctorU will require you to consent to these Terms and Conditions before you start your exam.
To get started with ProctorU, go to the Proctoring section on Moodle.