Citation Management - Why Use A Citation Manager?
Citing your sources is an essential part of academic writing. Citation management tools can help you save time by allowing you to:
- Collect references from online databases, library catalogues and websites
- Store, edit and organize your references in a personal account online
- Format citations in your papers
- Create bibliographies in citation styles such as APA, MLA, Chicago, and more
- Save and organize PDFs
- Add notes on the references you've saved
CITATION MANAGEMENT TOOLS
There are a number of different citation management tools available to choose from.
The Library's RefWorks subscription ended in April, 2022.
We recommend that if you want to start using a citation management tool, you create a free account with Zotero. There is information on getting started with Zotero in the Library's Citation Management subject guide.